Sunday, 25 November 2012

legs re-moulded

my other pair of legs that i sculpted went a bit wrong when i came to moulding them, so i made some more.

second time around, i think they are a bit better than the last ones.

tried a different type of clay too, terracotta, it smooths a lot easier than the grey clay.

the mould just needs to be cleaned up, i will do a test cast to make sure it works.

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

quick update

this is just a really short update but ill do more tomorrow, i hope. i have found that the face parts don't feel to secure when they're on the head, so i added a couple of extra magnets onto the core.

to make the magnets effective i had to add steel tacks into the face part so they line up with the positioning of the magnets. i can confirm that this works and i can now hold the head upside down in confidence.