Friday 18 May 2012

The Beginning

hey, so when i was making a few things for my other blog/film called Karma i started thinking about other things. i felt like the Karma idea was not great, i like it but i was not feeling it quite so much.

i sat down and thought, for my first independent film i need a target audience to help me stay motivated and keep me going in the right direction. so, i came up with another storyline, and this one is aimed at children. my girlfriend helped me develop the narrative as she works in a school teaching 4year olds, so she kind of knows what they are thinking and might want to see.

a lot of the stuff i did for my other blog is actually for this production, i just thought i should carry it on, on that one. i have now changed my mind, I'm going to make a new blog for 'Home Before Dark'!
i will put the tests and stuff like that on this blog as well.

here are some designs for the kids heads.

ok you'll have to excuse the pore quality, my scanner is not working.


this is a designs for the boy, i tried a few shapes but the one i liked most was the rounder one. 

i tried out a few different hair styles. i think ill go for the top right on the first page or the middle one to the right on the second page.



i did the same for the girl. I'm not sure which one i like, i really like the bottom left but i think it looks to much like Coraline.


ok so im not going to go into the story quite yet, i will say it involves a park, ( i hope this will look awesome under camera) aliens, a spaceship and a bedroom full of toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment