Wednesday, 20 February 2013

another cast!

last night i finished off the hand armatures and trimmed the wire fingers down to size and cut the excess off the bolt. im feeling confident about these hands, if it means i dont have to keep changing them i will be very happy, hope they animate well too.

once i had both hands ready i sandwiched each one between two pieces of memory foam and cut away at the foam until the hands sat nicely inside the mould. before i submerged the arms in silicone i removed the puppet and applied a thin layer of silicone inside both half's of the mould where the arms are. once this was dry i popped the puppet back in a applied more silicone and clamped down the two half's. 

more to come soon.


  1. It starting to look really good mate. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

  2. Hope your hands work out alright this love the detailed tutorial blog you are doing.

  3. cheers chaps, yeh the hands work great, no more breaking wrists!!